Friday, March 8, 2013

Aquarium

 Geoff got off of work early today and didn't have any classes, and my schedule was surprisingly empty so we decided to take a trip to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. The location of the aquarium and the building itself makes me wonder if it was at one point a grocery store. If it was in fact a grocery store I am forever grateful to the person who said "This town's got plenty of places to buy food. Ya know what we need. Sea turtles. Yeah, some turtles, jellies, maybe a small shark or two. Oh! and an Anaconda...that will be fun!" I got a few videos of some of the nifty marine life...


Upside Down Jellyfish (Cassiopea is the scientific name and it's much more fun to say). These little guys are tiny.


                                        Arapaima is the giant fish...they can grow to 15 feet! What the what?! I like to think that Amelia is staring the catfish down out of hunger as she munches on the belt of her stroller.


Seanettle Jellies and Amelia admiring the Upside Downers, excuse me, the Cassiopea.




Zebra Moray, Leopard Moray, and a bonus Puffer Phish  ;)


Who doesn't love an otter? I wanted to jump in the tank and swim with him. 


We ended the day with an almost independently sitting baby.


1 comment:

  1. This was a great show, wonderful clarity on the video. Miss Amellia is growing up so fast-- she is such a doll. I love the Alfalfa hair do!

    ReplyDelete